Additionally, you have the option to select what kind of status updates appear in your feed for all your other lists, out of the following:
- Status updates
- Comments and Likes
- Music and Videos
- Other Activity
This options provides another quick and easy way to cut down on the updates appearing in your stream.
3. Filter Status Updates
Not only can you filter out types of updates on a per list basis, you can also do it on an individual friend or status update basis. If you see someone’s update in your stream, click “Hide…” and you’ll then be given an opportunity to “Change what updates you see from …”.
This filtering is an easy way to ‘teach’ Facebook what you do and don’t want to see in your feed. You may also have the option to take a survey to improve what you see in your news feed. It’s worth taking the few minutes to complete it, to help refine what appears and what doesn’t.
4. Use Interest Lists
If you’d prefer to keep tabs on certain pages or people without adding them as a Friend, use Interest Lists instead.
Rather than adding someone as a Friend or liking their page, choose to “Add to Interest Lists…”. This keeps them out of your main news feed, groups them into a list of your choice, and then enables you to check out the news feed for each list when you’re ready.
For example, the following are some of the Interest Lists I have:
- Watch List – to see what the business people and entrepreneurs I find interesting are up to.
- Clients – to keep tabs on what my clients are up to!
- Recipes – to watch out for interesting recipes from foodie pages/bloggers I like.
- Inspiration & Motivation – for when I need a dose of positivity.
As with any social media platform, you get out of Facebook what you put in. If you put ‘junk’ in, friend-ing and liking everyone and anyone without filters, you’ll soon find yourself drowning in noise.
Use the above tactics to help filter, mute or remove the Facebook noise entirely and you’ll create more space and maybe even make using Facebook enjoyable again!
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- Guest Post: How to Build your Brand and Engage Your Customers with Packaging, by Phil Bagdasarian - November 9, 2017
- Sponsored Post: Should You Consult with An Expert for Insurance and Benefits for Your Business? - February 7, 2017
- Guest Post: 3 Reasons Your Business Should Build a Mobile-Friendly Website - January 6, 2017